Make It special
The Hatchet often publishes special issues, targeting the GW community with special themes. These are excellent issues to advertise in. (View our publication dates for 2012–2013 here.)
Here are some designs from last year's special issues:
|Colonials Weekend||Commencement Guide|
|Holiday Shopping||Orientation Guide||Basketball Preview|
2012-2013 Special Issues
- August 23
- Welcome Back
- After a long summer, the Welcome Back issue marks the first publication of the academic year.
- September 20
- Going Out Guide
- Help students find the hot spots in and around D.C.
- October 18
- Colonials Weekend
- Reach out to parents as they descend on campus for GW's annual parents' weekend.
- November 5
- Election Guide
- Guide students through the 2012 presidential election. Hosting an election-themed event? Let them know.
- November 8
- Basketball Preview
- GW's most popular sport is back and we'll preview the season.
- December 3
- Holiday Shopping Guide
- Shopping is stressful. Make it easy for students by telling them where to find the best gift ideas.
- January 17
- Inauguration Guide
- Help students navigate the nation's capital during the presidential inauguration.
- February 4
- Spring Break Guide
- February 21
- Housing Guide
- Think students will love your building? Let them know about availability by advertising in the Housing Guide!
- May 13
- Pre-Commencement Guide
- May 20
- Commencement Guide
- The annual guide to GW Commencement, picked up by many seniors and their family and friends visiting for the events surrounding graduation.
- Freshmen Orientation (CI) Guide
- Our biggest issue of the year! This issue is distributed at all 5 orientation sessions to incoming freshmen and we print an extra 3,000 copies to be mailed directly to their homes. This issue is a must for all advertisers.